Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to remove the bolt that retains the clip on the C$ transmission. It's either a 3/8" or a 7/16" head and must have been put on with an impact wrench. The head is very shallow. I may be able to get more leverage if I remove the transmission cross member. Any ideas of the actual size and ways I could use to remove that bolt?

·
Premium Member
13,356 Posts
It's 7/16". I have a Craftsman 3/8" and 7/16" double box end wrench that is much longer than a 7/16" combination wrench.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's 7/16". I have a Craftsman 3/8" and 7/16" double box end wrench that is much longer than a 7/16" combination wrench.
Yes I have one of those but I can't seem to get it the bolt and then swinging the wrench. That's why I am thinking that I need to lower the transmission cross member to swing that wrench on that bolt.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tied the 7/16" box and offset box wrench and I had no luck. I thought if they put it on with an impact then I must be able to remove with an air wrench, it worked because I didn't have any room to swing a wrench back and forth but with the air wrench it didn't need the room. Now to remove the speedometer cable. ????

1 - 4 of 4 Posts