Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. So I have the front end removed (i.e. front valance, bumper, brakets, headlight housings, etc) and I am trying to take off the fenders. I have also removed the rocker panel moldings.

So far I have found the two bolts behind the headlights, the ones on top of the fender, and I can see the ends of two sticking out from beneath the dash but don't know how to access them? I did a search and read there is one behind the kick panels, but after removing them I don't see it, unless its behind the rubber seal? I can't remove the rubber seal w/p breaking it, it appears...?

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
There is a nut under the rubber seal that you found behind the kick panel. And there is one at the top of the fender when you have the door open. I don't know what the other bolts beneath the dash are that you see, but they don't hold on the fender.

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Yes, there's a nut behind the rubber plug on the '66 behind the kick panel. Don't forget the bolt attached to the bottom of the fender near the rear next to the rocker panel. you have to get on the ground and look up. Sometimes the captured nut is broken so don't be surprised the bolt just turns. Use a screw driver to hold the nut in place and crank 'er off.

You did get the two bolts off attaching the front of the fender to the valence? There might be a third attached to the stone guard.

Regards,

Dean T

1 - 7 of 7 Posts