Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a hole in the headliner of my 67 coupe it is about the size of a golf ball. The hole is on the passenger side of the car just above the sun visor.

With the sun visor folder up it covers the hole so you would not know it is there.

I am looking for a way to patch this hole without having to replace the entire headliner.

Has anyone patched a headliner and how did you do the repair?

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Is it the original headliner? I did try to repair my old headliner once with some of that leather mend stuff they advertise on the home shopping network (no I don't watch it regularly! :) ). Anyway because it was 35 years old the liner was quite brittle and I had to be real careful but it did work. You can sort of see a little seam there where the mending agent is. It's a little blacker than the actual headliner....but other than that it worked ok. It's not like there's all kinds of stress on the headliner. Just have to be really careful if it's the original because it's brittle.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
JC Whitney has a "liquid Stitch" product that may work. i have repaire swimming pool lilners with it but have not done it on headliner yet but am about to in a few days. it melts patch so it is barely visible with vinyl - i could try it on my headliner spare matl tomorrow if you want me to. just send me PM.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I sent you a PM.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Can you post the results of the liquid switch, I also have a 1" cut in the headliner, and I really don't want to replace the whole thing.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will let you know how the test comes out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts