Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
It has a lip it sits on that is tack welded to the top of the rocker at the same level as the rest of the rocker. In your case, it looks like someone welded it to the rocker all the way. Not a big deal, take a straight edge and draw out the line of the rocker horizontally and you can cut slightly above the line to detach the bottom of the quarter and be able to get to the top of the rocker to detach the rest of the lip. Just be aware that the rocker tilts upward slightly as it heads toward the interior...so make sure not to hold the grinder perfectly horizontal, tilt the blade up a touch.

P.S. This is based on 65-68 body styles, it may not be the same for later ones, I dont know

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Thanks, I know how it welds on, but how do you seal it? To prevent moisture and sand and mud getting in the seam, and keep it from rusting out?
Heh, I welded mine shut too(not the way its supposed to be done) and slapped seam sealer inside the structure underneath the 1/4 window...it wasn't sealed from the factory that I can tell, it always seems to end up half filled with paint anyway though

Reactions: RIBS
1 - 2 of 2 Posts