Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received all the replacement side window rubber and felts to replace the original worn pieces on my '71 Coupe. Hopefully I'll get started with the replacement this evening, does anyone have any tips to help me out with this process? Haven't looked at it yet, and can't think that it's really that hard but I've been wrong before.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
If its anything like a 67, take the interior panel off, remove the rubber "window stopper in the bottom of the door", roll the window down to expose the old parts you want to replace.

Don't roll the window down too far, might come of the tracks.
:p

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Figured it was that easy, the one thing I don't know is, the interior side piece, is it stapled in or clipped in? If it's stapled in I didn't get any staples, does anyone know where I can get any?

jason

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Again if it's like a 67, there are "clips" on the panel, I just use a putty knife wrapped in ele. tape and pop-um off. (carefully)
:p

·
Registered
173 Posts
I replaced the felts on my 73 vert door deluxe door panels. I removed the panels, and then used a screw driver to open up the stapes that held the felt on. I didn't have a way to staple the new felts on, so I used a pop rivet method, and the rivets don't show, and the felts have held up quite well.

good luck

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got the repop brand but it did not come with any staples? Can you order just the staples seperatly? I can always drill the holes out a little and pop rivet them on if need be.

Jason

1 - 7 of 7 Posts