Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i have the dimensions for the car & in setting it up as spec'd, it does not want to open & close the dooes with ease. I have not replaced inner rockers in about 18 years so I am a little rusty in this dept. how much rebound should I put in the door jam area, in other words, how wide of a gap should I put in the door jams so that when the car is back on its wheels & all the interior, metal & so forth is in the car the doors wil still open with ease & door gaps will be right.
anyone have ansers on this>
the car is a 67 vert.

·
Registered
698 Posts
The specs in the shop manual are for a complete car, resting on it's suspension. If there is any way you can get the car back on it's suspension it might help to get things lined back up.

I've had a car fit while it was on stands, and then when it was put back on the ground twist and pucker a panel . On the other hand, my father rolled his 'vert on its side on the concrete floor of his garage, welded in floors, frame rails and torque boxes and had it all come out straight when he was done.(checked on a frame machine after words. My B.I.L. and I couldn't believe it.) Quarter fitment was done with the car resting on it's tires. Not the method I would have chosen, but it worked for him.

Sorry if it doesn't help much. Just keep working at it. It'll come together for you eventually.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts