Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright guys, Im not going to sugar coat this at all. I really mucked up the back side of my door panels in my mustang. I used to use a screw driver to try and remove them, and I only managed to pull a dozen pins or so out. Ive tried repairing them using little squares of sheet metal and expoxy and to no luck, they pulled out too.

So I swear, I remember In some catalog or magazine or something of that sort, a company selling the replacement POS card baord that goes on the backing of these panels. But I cant find a seller to save my life.

Anyone have a link, or a name, or something I can call/go to to order these?

I really don't want to have to get a new set re-dyed.

Also, Kind of thought about something along the lines of maybe making something out of wood, but Im not sure how to approach that. Anyone have any Ideas?

Allen

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Most Mustang vendors sale all of the stock colors. Never seen just the backing board.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most Mustang vendors sale all of the stock colors. Never seen just the backing board.
I swear.... somewhere in either some catalog or something.... it was there. Cause I was happy that I could replace them and not have to get new panels, and then have them dyed to match the interior (2 tone).

Maybe I dreamed it....

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
cant see how you will move the vinyl to another board without destroying it. in the past i have made new holes in the panel board and drilled new holes in the door.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts