Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My buddy wants some help with his Mach tomorrow and one of the item on the list is replacing the rear view mirror. I have never done this b4. How big a deal? I know he picked up a new one from Mustangs Unlimited.

Thanks,
Mike

G

·
0 Posts
The center rear view mirror is connected to the glued-on ball mount by a silver rod which just has two Phillips(star) screws - one on the bottom and the other on top and on the other side from the first.

Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That does make sense, kinda like my '68's. I guess we don't even need to remove the arm/rod glued to the glass, just replace the actual mirror itself.

Mike

G

·
0 Posts
Yap - could you do me a favour and take a look at at his disk brakes to see if the lines from the calipers go closer to the lower controls arms or up towards the upper arms. Actually if you have disc brakes on your 68 they should be the same thing.

I'm doing a drum to disc swap and just want to ensure that I'm putting them on the correct way.

Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will check on my friends car tomorrow...I sold my '68 a few months back.

Mike

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My friend just left and I totally forgot to check. I told him I had to also but we got working and talking etc. Sorry.
Maybe there is someone on the forum who can look. I prob. won't see my friends car for another week or so.

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts