Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on a scale of 1 to 5 (5 being the most difficult), how difficult of a task it it to replace the rear tail light panel on a '70 Fastback ? I'm sure someone has done this one here... (hoping anyway). The only directions that I have been given so far is to drill out the old spot welds, drill holes in the new tail light panel in the same spots and then pool weld it into place. sound easy enough to me considering all of the OTHER metal & frame work that I have done so far - but just thought I would check for any more "pointers". T.I.A.

J.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Probably a 3-1/2. More time consuming I expect than difficult. If you have a spot welder you might even be able to eliminate the drilling exercise.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I'm actually in the middle of doing this right now on my 69 coupe. I came in for a drink and to check the board for any new info. Here's a link with a few helpful tips:

right here...

Have fun!! :)

·
Registered
223 Posts
With the right tools, I give it a 1-1/2. The main thing is to make sure you seam-seal the panel after installation. Other than that, it is pretty straight-forward.

Mark
-------------------------------------------------
1972 Mach 1 351CJ-C6-9" 4.11 Detroit Locker
1978 Corvette 355" Small block terror ::

1 - 4 of 4 Posts