Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
I just put a repro on my 69' and it worked fine, but it took a little finessing to get on. It looks great, so I'm happy with it. Some people have had real problems with them though, so nothing is certain.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I just put a repro on my 69' and it worked fine, but it took a little finessing to get on. It looks great, so I'm happy with it. Some people have had real problems with them though, so nothing is certain.
Same here. I just put some on my '69 with no problems. Hopefully the same would apply to '70.

·
I won a special award
7,409 Posts
I have repro brackets and front bumper. It sits about 1/2"-3/4" too far to one side. I believe the brackets just need a little massaging to fix this. Other than that, the bumper looks great.

·
VMF Full-Timer
3,823 Posts
I installed the new, improved front and rear bumpers from NPD last year. No problems and look great. IMO. :thumbsup:

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
I realize 70 was the question but 68 is similar. I put a pair of the new NPD bumpers on my 68 about 2 years ago. After shimming, adjusting and filing (the front brackets) they look great. We need to understand that even when these cars were new the bumpers, which go on last had a lot if shimming.

My 68 has new quarter panels new passenger side fender and the front bumper was bent in a small fender bender. No major collision repair but it's not slapping a bumper on a new car!

We have a tendency (me included) tend to blame the repo part on a poor fit. After spending some time adjusting these look great. My guess is NOS ones would have needed almost as much fitting.

By the way the plating looks great, like new after almost 3 years.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I put front and back on my '69...the only issue was the stock outside bracket by the marker lights would not fit...I'll probably make some new brackets....Bumpers look pretty nice
Tom

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
I also modified the front fender bracket.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts