Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally successfully installed a fan shroud on my 69. The first time, there was an interference between the fan and the bottom of the shroud. It was suggested that my motor mounts had settled, but after replacing them, the shroud still mounted too high. I ended up notching the bottom of the shroud for the drain and making vertical cuts on the mounting slots so it would sit lower. It wasn't just the relative position between the radiator and fan; the top of the shroud actually mounted above the core before the modifications. Hope this helps someone else!

http://a1.cpimg.com/image/A3/89/10694051-d3cd-0122006F-.jpg

·
Registered
5,368 Posts
There are big differences between the 69/70 BOSS 302 fan shrouds. Are you sure you started with the right one? Is your rad. correct? Just asking.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The radiator PN stamped on the side is correct, but who knows about the shroud. Dallas Mustang showed the shroud as correct for 68-69 24" radiator for factory air. Would that also be correct for a 69 Boss? Also, mine has a 3 row core - is that right for a 69 Boss?

Thanks,
Bob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts