Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought a 69 sport roof with the non shaker hood scoop. i wanted to buy one of the repo shakers, and im just wondering if doing so will limit what mods i can do under the hood. (especially intake and carb)

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
It will probably depend more on what engine you plan on using, and what shaker base you end up with. If you get the setup made for the 428 you will have more options since it is shorter than the ones used on the small block cars. I have a 69 with a 428, and F427 intake which is slightly taller than the stock unit, a 1/4 inch spacer and a nitrous plate and it still fits, although it's a little tight and the scoop sticks thru the hood about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch higher than it did stock. I used the same shaker on a 351C that was in the car when I bought it and had to use a 1 inch spacer on the stock intake to get it to stick thru the hood a reasonable amount.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have a 70 Mach with a Repro Fiberglass Shaker, looks good and functions the same. I can run a Holley Strip Dominator (about 5.5 carb height) with no spacer and all it does is stresses the gasket a little. No interferences with the top plate or wingnuts to the underside of the hood.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts