Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i posted a question in the same forum where the repop nasa hoods were advertised to see if anyone had seen one of these hoods installed. i talked to the guy on the phone and he didn't know what gauge metal they had, he didn't have any photos, he didn't have any in stock, and he wouldn't give me references of people who had bought one. he said he didn't think his customers would appreciate him giving out their phone numbers, which i can understand, but he was also unwilling (he said he just doesn't have the time) to call a few of them himself to ask if he could use them as references. am i being unreasonable to want to speak with someone who has actually installed one of these on their car before i drop $500+ after shipping for an overseas-made hood? if any of you know of someone who has seen one, please let me know.

G

·
0 Posts
You've got the cart way ahead of the horse on the new repop NASA hood. This is a brand new repop, and I don't know of anybody that has sold one yet, or even had one TOO sell. Nobody has them in stock yet. I don't believe that anybody exists as of yet that the poor guy at Ponyparts could call to get an opinion from.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
They might fit better than the Ford ones. I put two separate Ford hoods on mine and didn't get a decent fit with either one of them...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts