Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody used the repops of the bright aluminum trim on the rocker panel and honeycomb panel? I have my originals, but to get them buffed and polished will cost over 300. I should be able to get the repops for this amount. I was wondering about the quality and fit of the repops. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Can you find the rocker trim? I have had a set on order since Dec. I just cancelled it and are using the old ones.
Get another price on the buffing.
I just had 4 Stainless Steel hubcaps with some serious curb rash ground and polished AND had a the 6 piece mach 1 rocker molding trim re- anodized (looks brand new) for $210. Buffing would not take off the hazy/waxy/oxidation on the Al. trim. This is a local place near Detroit.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I would like the name and address of the local Detroit place that did your hubcaps. I have several hubcaps that could use a run through the buffer. Thanks

G

·
0 Posts
I used the repros for the rocker molding trim and they look and fit great. They are advertised as being made by the same supplier that Ford originally used. I think I might have gotten one of the last sets late last year from Va. Mustang.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts