Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the original folddown seat moldings on my '68 fastback still attached. I'm considering purchasing the reproduction pieces because the originals are pretty tarnished and pitted and figure it would be a lot cheaper than having them re-plated. Anyone have an opinion on this? Are the repro pieces decent enough quality? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
I replaced the ones on my '67 with the repo's, they're kinda flimsy, not the best chrome, and aren't identical to the originals, but they fit ok. I kept the old ones with the intention of replating them and reinstalling them at a later date.

Joe

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
joe69 said:
I replaced the ones on my '67 with the repo's, they're kinda flimsy, not the best chrome, and aren't identicle to the originals, but they fit ok. I kept the old ones with the intention of replating them and reinstalling them at a later date.

Joe
I was thinking of doing the same thing. Saving the old pieces for re-plating at a later date but going with the clean looking repros. Guess that's what I will do as well.

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
I have them on my '69. If you have the "indentations" in your current trim, at the latch holes, the repros don't have that. They are flush. They are really replacements for '65-'67 (they come with one extra piece and you use the one that's appropriate for your model year).

The difference is only cosmetic, but you should know that it's there.

·
Administrator
19,503 Posts
I have them on my 68 fastback, as well. I'm pleased with the quality for a modified car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts