Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Has anyone ordered the heater/defroster cable set from NPD (the repros)? If so, how did you like them? Were they the correct length? Just wondering if its worth trying to find an original (my housing has detached from the cable and is not usable).

Also, I am in need of some original door latch rod retainers (67), the metal kind, not the plastic reproductions. Is there any place I can order these? Do I need to find originals?

Thanks a lot,

Dustin

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Wanting to change my '65 heater/defroster to the '66 configuration, I found a good salvage yard item that cleaned up well.

The door latch rod retainers are still available (steel clip with nylon insert). Last time I bought some they were $1 each new. Check with Ford then your Mustang vendor. I think these are still a Ford item. Note: if you use an aftermarket door latch be sure the rods and clips fit tightly else you'll find the rods pull loose from the reproduction latch levers. The repro latches often come with plastic clips and the rod holes are larger than stock to accommodate the plastic clips. What I did in this case was to use a fender washer behind the repro latch lever that fit the clip tightly. This worked great but was a bit*h to install.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts