Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of many I am sure. Were there different size wiper switches? The blades on the back of the wiper switch in both of my clusters look like they will never fit in the openings for the Scott Drake wiring. I tried pushing pretty hard and got nervous.

Anyone who used this kit have the same issue?

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
There are single speed wipers and two speed wipers, maybe the harness is not compatible with both?

IRC, the harness for the single speed wipers on my 66 was not part of the main harness, it went from the wiper motor to the switch. There was a lead to ground the harness directly behind the instrument cluster and a female plug for power.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Mine was the same way as 66 hertz. I bought it with new wiring harness and a few things wewre not hooked up. The wiper was one of them and I had a one speed switch. PO said the harness came with a 2 speed harness so he did not hook up. Found an old harness out of a wrecking yard and plugged it in and it works. The harness must line up a certain way. What I ended up doing was pulling my switch out of the dash so that I could get a better look at the connections. The dash is hard to see up and under. I was then able to make sure it fit and line everything up. I even pulled my instrument cluster to see it better. You might try stuffing a digital camera under there to take a pic. I tried but the pics always came out blurry.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts