Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4100 1.08 carbs are getting harder and harder to find. Has anyone looked into reproducing one or two 4100 carbs, on cnc machine. Does anyone have the schematics or drawings of our 4100 carbs for 289's? This is something I was thinking about, dont know if it could be done or not.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Not cost effective. I replaced a 4100 and put a $350 quick fuel slayer carb on my car. It’s superior in every way to the 4100.

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
Wouldn't be cost-effective to do one or two. But it might be cost-effective to do a couple thousand for those people looking for the closest thing possible to an original that has done a tremendous job for going on sixty years now... And I don't have anywhere near $350 and to all of my 4100s combined.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Amen to that. I totally agree on the reproducing the throttle shaft comment.

·
Registered
96 Posts
The 1.08" Autolite is 470CFM. Not much use for anything except gas mileage. Maybe enough carburetor for a hot 221" Fairlane V8 or a 260 perhaps if you used two of them.

You won't see any reproduced in your lifetime. No reason.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I thought the body would wear before the shaft as well but I have two carbs on my bench with worn shafts but good bodies. One of the carbs has significant wear on the shaft with little wear on the carb body. I bought a reamer and bushings to rebush the carb body but probably won’t now given how tight the reamer shaft fonts in the body.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts