Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get rid of my stock spring perches (used TMC poly bushings in them and they squish out and squeak/groan). Are the repoduction spring perches any good? I notice that the Ford replacements have gone up in price a bit.

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
The reproductions are good, but I'd still pay attention to brand name. I put Moog's in mine, and am very happy with them.

If you always do what you've always done,
You'll always get what you've always got

http://www.classic-mustang.net/johnpro
http://www.classic-mustang.net/john66/mustang/pics/66fsides2.jpg

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Moog is the best...

G

·
0 Posts
This is really an interesting subject because most of the replacement ones are junk.

The only ones that are any good are ones based on the original design. The replacement ones that have flared edges to retain the bushing are the ones to stay away from. They creak and when going over a dip can make a loud "Pop" or "Bonk" quite annoying.

I bought one of these poor repo perches from a local shop but I thought that the noise must be something else (you always figure that people that make this stuff know what they are doing). I then replaced my front end stuff with perches from canadian mustang. They were the same perch and the noise was the same. That is when the correlation started happening.

I see these perches every where and I really can not believe that they are still being sold. I have talked to others and they say the same thing. This subject oddly enough has not come up on this site.

Mustangs Plus was selling some of the good type that were irradated gold and had poly bushings for 80 bucks for the pair.

G

·
0 Posts
I have them(repo perches) on my 67 big block car-3years and 66 convertible-2years, have put a few miles on them and had no problem or noises.Bought one set from Laurel Mountain who I believe use Canadian Mustang parts and the other set from Keystone Mustang one year at Carlisle on special.I can't complain-at least yet.The last Ford ones I bought for my 66 GT were missing some of the rubber pieces glued to the top that sat under spring-I payed something like $45 a piece for those about 12-15 years ago.

1967 S code GT Deluxe Coupe 65B
1966 Convertible 76B 289 4 speed

Descendent of Francois Seguin dit Laderoute,
Soldier Regiment d' Carignan, New France 1665-1668

1 - 6 of 6 Posts