Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone out there (Bishir?) who is running Edelbrock induction that can post a pick showing what they did to attach the throttle linkage to the carb? Also, what about the throttle return spring setup? Lastly, did you install your water temp sensor into the threaded hole towards the REAR of the manifold assuming that the front hole is for the heater hose? I appreciate the help.

Shannon a.k.a. The ShanMan! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif
66' Vintage Burgundy C-code coupe (mine)
95' XLT Ranger (mine)
01' GLX 1.8T New Beetle (hers)

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
I have an Edelbrock Performer Manifold, carb, etc. My throttle linkage hooks directly into the throttle arm of the carb. I ended up filing a small groove in the right angle end of the throttle rod, installing a plastic washer, and C-clip to hold the rod in the throttle arm on the carb.
Throttle return spring is attached to a small bracket I made that is mounted on one of the threaded holes at the rear of the manifold that had no previous purpose.

Good luck...

Temp sensor is install in the OTHER water passage up front (near distributor).

Steve Leslie, 65 coupe in restoration. 302, toploader, A/C, disc brakes, bench seat

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Steve, does that mean that you are running the heater hose into the rearward passage, or are you not running a heater line at all? I will be running the heater system as close to original as possible. I guess I am on my own to come up with a clean and effective linkage and return spring setup. I think I can handle that...if not, I am way overpaid! Ha! Ha!

Shannon a.k.a. The ShanMan! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif
66' Vintage Burgundy C-code coupe (mine)
95' XLT Ranger (mine)
01' GLX 1.8T New Beetle (hers)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts