Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well..today is the first time in a month that i havent drove the mustang to work..the 30 day tag expired, and i thought it would be a good time to put it in the garage, and start the long process of a restore.click my name and check out my home page it http://www.geocities.com/joe_3761/65mustang.html it has the before pics on it, and someday hopefully will have some during and after pics also..lol i think the radiator cap is ok, maybe i should just jack that up, and drive a new stang under it..lol..wish me luck!

·
Registered
708 Posts

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the "fix"..i was in a hurry this morning, and didnt take the time to make sure i had it right...i edited it ,so now it should be ok...thnx

joe

·
Registered
8,329 Posts
Good luck on your project! What all will be going on with your ride? I've been working on my 66 for ah, ah, well lets just say long enough to have erected a Pyramid.
A helpful boost... It's all been fun and happy times! (spoken very sarcastically)

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well..lets just say, that there wont be much on it i wont have to touch..lol..it looks better than it is, its an ohio car its whole life, so no need to explain all the rust...everything in the rear will be replaced..the floors are already done, and the rockers are in good shape...till i strip the doors and fenders, im not too sure what will be replaced, and what is repairable...the hood and trunck lid are in very good shape (suprise!)interior is all in tacked, but wore,so new seat covers, carpet, and headliner is ordered..the motor is all stock c code with a c-4..runs good, but a little tired after 140,000 miles, so a rebuild is in its future, with a few preformance upgrades (4 bbl carb..cam...head work, and maybe tri y's or hipo style headers)rear-end, its a 8" with 280 open gears,..dont think i can swing the 9" at this time, but would like to go up to a 355 if i can work it in..think i can have it done in 2 years?..lol...thats what i told swmbo..and to my suprise, she is all for it..she loves driving it..ive only had it for about a month, and logged about 500 miles on it..the last mustang i "worked on" was 20 myears ago..they were cheaper, and parts were easier to find too..lol..i know i have my hands full...but..."let the games begin"..lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts