Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there a manual out there that will show me how to do a complete restoration...including showing where every sticker,bolt,nut,etc goes..or where they should be so it can be like it rolled off the showroom floor...

thanks for your help

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
the shop or assmebly manuls have most of that info if not you can always ask the vmfers that have ALOT of photos of their stock cars

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
In a single volume, bound book? No.
I'd reccomend the following:
1) Full set of shop manuals. For 71-73 these are 5 separate volumes, Chassis, Electrical, Body, Engine and Vacuum. (I think, I'll need to look next time I'm in the bathroom.) /forums/images/icons/wink.gif
2) Wiring diagram set. This is a set of 4-8 sheets of 24x36 inch detailed electrical schematics. Watch Ehay.
3) How to restore your small block ford.
4) How to restore your Mustang volumes 1 and 2. Although not 71-73 centric, they are excellent books.
5) MCA Judging sheets for 71-73 Concours class.
6) AMK Products full catalog. All you ever wanted to know about fasteners but were afraid to ask.

Those should give you a start and also be an excellent start for a library! These are great books to drop on family as "what to get me for your birthday, christmas" etc.

Best of luck and never forget, the VMF is an excellent place to get info!
Doug

·
Registered
394 Posts
Try the MCA website. A few years ago they had a copy of the rules on the site.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts