Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All:

I have a 1969 Mach1 that I have owned for 22 years (man time flies!). Anyway, it has not been running in several years and now that I have all of my house projects done, the wife is letting me look at getting my baby back on the road. Time and neglect have left her in sorry shape. I have not really driven the car routinely in 15+ years and am looking to get her restored. I am not looking for a concourse job, but finding anybody to do the work has been proving difficult. So first off, can anyone recommend a decent body shop that won't rip me off in the Maryland area? I would even be willing to travel up to say 100 miles to get quality. I envision stipping the body down to bare metal and refinishing it. There is some cancer in the rear quarters the floorpans and the front fenders need replacing along with the shock towers. I am looking for someone who is dedicated to the art, time is not a factor for me, so if they are backlogged for a few months, I could work with that.

Secondly, if anyone can recommend a good shop that lives and breathes hotrods that is mechanically savvy, that would be great! This one I would like closer to home though, anywhere in the DC area would work.

Thanks all, I hope you can help.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Self plug:

B.C.D. Preservations, Inc, Specializing in 64/73 Mustangs and Shelbys. References upon request. We have worked quite few cars from your neck of the woods. Located about 1 1/2 hours from bridge.

[email protected] or call

·
Registered
10,006 Posts
Read this kind of thread a million times. DO NOT tell them time does not matter. Or you'll be posting about how you dropped it off 8 months ago, and, they still haven't started on it. And they pushed it "out back" until they have time.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I can give you a 100% whole hearted endoresment of Glazier's Mustang Barn . They're in SE Pennsylvania. They are true craftsmen and they focus on Mustangs - thus the name of the shop. PM me (send me a private message) and I gan give you the "skinny" on costs and some more specifics. They restored my car and because of that experience, and a number of other reasons, I consider them friends of the family now.

Another VMF member had some work done by Mid County Mustang - a little further west in PA and had a great experience with them as well. http://www.midcomustang.com/ .

·
Registered
170 Posts
I'm fairly new to this forum but I've been on www.fomoco.com forum for quite a while and there is a guy who goes by the name of Pete's Ponies. I know he is located in Maryland and he is really knowlegable. good Luck in your search

1 - 5 of 5 Posts