Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, Newb here. My family has owned a 1966 convertible since 1970 and I am considering having it restored. I tried the search feature first but all the threads about resto shops looked way old. Its in rough shape but I drove the car in HS so would like to save it. I know it wont be cheap. Any help locating a restorer would be appreciated. I know shops doing this work is a dying breed.

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
What part of Washington do you live in? Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
Check out Sargent’s Auto Rebuild & Restoration in Snohomish.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Brad. Nothing restoring a car is cheap for sure. Even getting bad work done lol. This car needs alot of metal work. Like everything. The car has been in OR for the last 30 years and hasn't been on the road since 1983 when I last drove it.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Yep. I had my coupe since 92, and no engine since about 95. Fixing the transgressions of youth and paying for that nostalgia has a high price tag. But in the end, it's pretty awesome. Just don't tally your receipts. Randy is an artist with the body work/paint. It's just hard to get his time.

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Hi all, Newb here. My family has owned a 1966 convertible since 1970 and I am considering having it restored. I tried the search feature first but all the threads about resto shops looked way old. Its in rough shape but I drove the car in HS so would like to save it. I know it wont be cheap. Any help locating a restorer would be appreciated. I know shops doing this work is a dying breed.
Sent you a message, Mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts