Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi...just a while back my husband and I received a 1967 Ford Mustang from a former family member whom is no longer with us... and in his honor we are finishing what he started.. :jump:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum. This is the best online community for vintage Mustangs. :)
Thank you very much.. since we got the car I have been looking for a nice forums on vintage stangs to join.. and now I am here and well......plan on checking out all posts and hoping to learn more about all here and their cars too.. ty...

·
Registered
35,883 Posts
Looks like it doesn't need much. How are you planning to use the car? What are your goals?

·
Registered
637 Posts
Looks like a nicely detailed motor. And I always chuckle how many pics I see with H-F shop cranes. They must have sold millions of 'em. I've got one too. ;)

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
Welcome. Beautiful car! Looks like he was doing a great job on it!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks like it doesn't need much. How are you planning to use the car? What are your goals?
Actually we are just a simple family that have loved the older Mustangs and now that we have one.. we plan on pretty much just fixing it up for a weekend fun car.. not show or anything like that.. We had the original motor rebuilt and are going to have some interior work done and the car repainted as close to the original color as possible.. just haven't found the body shop that we want to have do this.. we are not doing this work ourselves.. although my husband is talented.. he does not have the time nor patience that he used to have when comes to working on cars.. but we do so love this one and want to do right by it so ya.. we going to make her shine...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks like a nicely detailed motor. And I always chuckle how many pics I see with H-F shop cranes. They must have sold millions of 'em. I've got one too. ;)
LOL if you are talking about the engine hoist??? then well...we actually borrowed that from a neighbor lol..but ya.. I bet a lot of car lovers out there that work on theirs all the time have one one....

·
Premium Member
13,185 Posts
there are highs & lows when doing a long term restoration. keep your eyes on the goal and you will get there.

Z.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Nice looking car. The Dark Moss Green is not a colour you see all the time too.

GB

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice looking car. The Dark Moss Green is not a colour you see all the time too.

GB
I like it.. I just hope whom ever does the paint and body work for us can match it up and make it look just like it did back in 67 when it first rolled off the showroom floor..

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Nice looking 1967 coupe!! For help on paint and body shops you can post on the regional forum and they should be able to help with recommendations.Good luck with this project!

·
Registered
793 Posts
Welcome Sassy,
Looks like the car went to the right folks.
Putting an Engine in on the side of the road brings back so many fond memories...THX

mike

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Welcome Sassy,
Looks like the car went to the right folks.
Putting an Engine in on the side of the road brings back so many fond memories...THX

mike
It sure did.. my man's uncle passed and he had this car stored for years in his garage.. all other's in the family would surely have just sold the car as is.. but not us.. We wanted to restore her to what she originally looked like as she rolled off the show room floor back in 1967.. bought new by his uncle.. This car needs some love and attention and well.. that is what we are trying to do.. give this car what it deserves.. to be out on the road again.. lookin good, running sweet.. and sounding HOT with it's new dual exaust system.. with flowmaster mufflers.. God I love this car...;)

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Hey Sassy,

LOVE your story. I am close with my Uncle who was the previous owner of my Mustang. ACtually, two of my Uncles owned it before me.

Just a heads up, you may already know this, are you storing the car outside right now? If so, do some research on cowl rust. Pardon me if you know this, but basically, they are the vents between the hood and the base of the windshield. Leaves get in there and block up the drains, leaving standing water and rust. While you have it stored outside, I would high recommend a cowl cover. They make a plastic one with a rubber gasket for about $35 that will save you a lot of pain later. You can take it off while you are driving. :)

Love the color too.

·
Super Moderator
10,062 Posts
you do know you'll need to keep us updated with new pics, correct?

·
Registered
10,413 Posts
Told this before: Bought a new 66 Mustang in Ivy Green with black vinyl top. Bought in Jan, so along about May, pull into employee lot and park next to a new Mustang in a somewhat brighter green. Looked at it, compared it to mine and I WAS PISSED!!! Rightly figured it was going to be on 67's!! And it's STILL my favorite shade of green!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts