Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I am new to vintage fords. In the Chevy world, an AIM (Assembly Instruction Manual) and a shop manual would cover most of the info needed to do a restoration. What types of manuals should I get for doing a stock restoration of a newly acquired 1970 Mach 1? Where do you get the manuals from?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Welcome to the dark side. I too am a little new to the Mustang and am restoring a 70 Mach1 also. In the Ford world, the Osborn Engineering manuals are probably the most widely used next to the factory service manuals. You may find the huge watermark in the middle of the pages a little offputting, but there is good information there. I bought the full set. They also have other publications including a book with a collection of exploded views (no watermarks) which has been helpful to me.

Good luck

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx Mike,
I'll look up on Osborn Engineering manuals.

·
Registered
9,992 Posts
The Osborn "assembly" manuals. Get all of them and highlight the pages that are for your car.
Factory service manual; Warning, do not assemble to the drawings in it, refer to the assembly manuals.
Legal pad: What? Figure out what assembly plant your car was built at. There were 3; Dearborn, Metuchen, and San Jose. There are minor variations in the way each plant assembled the cars but you want to get it right the first time. You want to find somebody with a Mustang built at the same plant to take notes from. most owners are helpful, been there -done that kind of guys. We don't own Corvettes......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts