Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The plastic slider on one had a crack in it but I mistakenly thought it would hold. As soon as I got the metal frame painted and began to re-assemble it the cracked corner which has one of the sliding tabs broke off and the tab is now separate so it broke right in the rivet hole for the tab. I'm wondering if I can fix this like with the JB?

Does anybody know IF anybody even reproduces these things or where can I get at least the driver side? Can't even find one on flea on the dock of the bay.

Shoot, dang, heck and I swanny. Its how my mom used to cuss, LOL. Never figured out the I swanny part.

So scratch the Ebay part. Found both metal covers, sliders and the chrome handles but I don't really want or need to buy the whole thing for both sides. May be forced to though.

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Could a 3d printer make one?
I think these can be 3D printed. They are essentially flat with differing detail on each side. I can't 3d print anything though.

I guess I can try to stick the broken part back on. I still have that riveted clip to deal with too though. It would probably be best to stick it with the broken piece so its all stuck at one time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts