Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it was HOT and HUMID it was getting foggy it was so humid. They shut the track down early. They didn't want to turn the lights on do to the lectric problem. SO I get in free next week :D
Ok it was 83 and 80%+ Humidity.
The first run I made I had 0 tracktion and ran 16+ so I got back right in line and ran off a 14.07 98 the best I ran was 14.028 98+ so no 13's tonight. If it is cooler and a littlel more tuning I will be in the 13's next week.
So there we go.
They didn't say anything about my roll bar. She was a lot more concerned with my helmet which is a snell rated helmet. so no problem.
SO next week we will have a new story of FBD's run.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
hey tfob how did your search for a mustang II drag car go.
randy. :)

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So far not so good. still looking. Thinking of a FOx body now. Lots more of them. I don't know.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Great to be knocking on the 13 second door. One fewer cheeseburger from lunch (1/4 pounder) in your belly and you would have made the 13s. Remember, weight is as important as HP. Next time you get that close to a milestone, take out the 1/2" wrench and give the distrubutor about a 2* turn.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Damn, 14.02 on a bad day ain't too shaby, good luck next week, I think you might just improve your best then. Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
tfob is your nasa hood an original or aftermarket? if aftermarket how was the fit. im looking for a nasa hood and i dont know weather to go w/a ford hood or repop.whats your opinion?randy ::

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
The first run I made I had 0 tracktion and ran 16+
Been there, done that, got the t-shirt *LOL* I even ran a 17+ once ... talk about pathetic.

Good luck in hitting the 13's. Get that traction probelm figured out and I'm sure you can do it and a lot more.

That's my goal in my '66. Once it can get into the high 13's, I'll quit modifying it. Right now my best is a 14.33. I figure a high 13 daily driver '66 is good enough for me. Now my '69 sportsroof, is another story ... I'll be shooting for the 12's.

Oh, and SacBill figured out that if you take the parking brake off, you can gain 3/4 of a second ::

·
Premium Member
2,636 Posts
Roll bar? Did you put a rollbar in the FBD when I wasn't looking? Or did you mean to say, "lack of roll bar"?

I bet you had a big grin on your face! ::

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
remove the front sway bar and try to get rid of any extra weight ( spare tire, rear seat ) stuff like that , it may help haha. i know you can hit 13's easily especially if you had such horrible track and weather conditions, and of course, no traction.good luck to ya

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
So that's your idea of "hot and humid"? Down here in Houston that's a fine fall day! I'd be out driving in my vert enjoying the weather.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
re:Wow so close to 13's, try leaning forward next time.
----------
LMAO!!! next time Tony'll be lunging forward trying to scoot the car forward from his seat!!!

T! get some slicks on that bad boy!!! and slap some ice cubes on the fuel line!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts