Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talk about a doofus! I posted this message on the parts message board. What a dork . . . . .

This is kind of a stupid question, but I was wondering if it would be possible to put stock retractable seat belts in the back of (at least) '64-66 Mustangs?

I just put in a third seat belt so all of my kids are strapped in in the back, and talk about a mess in the back seat! It's nearly WW3 everytime we go somewhere as they try to figure out who gets what belt.

Thought I'd ask.

Doug

'66 signal flare red coupe with styled steel wheels
289 4bbl. w/ PS, PB, AC, white interior with a bench seat, deluxe seatbelt option, an extra seatbelt in the back for my three kids, and a tissue dispenser (good for an extra 15 HP!)

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
To the best of my knowledge, retractable rear seatbelts were not an option in 64.5-66. I know that my 1968 didn't have them offered, because I have the original build sheet and it wasn't offered.

Most 1965 Mustangs that I've seen and been in (about 100) have had retractable front belts...

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
They didn't come with retractors in the rear, but I suppose it's possible to put them on. I have them on my front seat belts (the belt near the door on each side) . Rotunda retractors were an available accessory item and I've seen a few on E-Bay. I just added a 3rd seat belt too so all of us (SWMBO & 3 kids) can ride together. I just tuck away the 3rd belt until needed.

Rich
1966 GT Convertible

·
Registered
239 Posts
bit of a job putting seat belts in the rear seats, i put retractors on the top rear of the parcel shelf and the clips under the seat on the side of the drive shaft tunnel.I put the retractors as close to each side as i could. then i had trouble doing up the bolts, but could get at them from underneath anyway.The middle one in the back is a lap belt though, but I removed it later on, at least all the kids are buckled in and the whole conversion was complied so i could get my WOF, good luck,

65,289,c4, lemans red

1 - 4 of 4 Posts