Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I began to show the coupe in local shows I have felt like the forgotten step-child. While my car is almost completely original and correct in its details, when someone looks at my I-6 200cid engine it does not compare with the chrome enhanced muscle engines of the other Mustangs. Tonight we had a people's choice show where everyone voted by putting a dollar in a jar for each car. All of the proceeds went to a local charity for underprivileged children. Since I won the 50/50 drawing for the evening I put all of my winnings in the jar and at the end of the show when the money was collected I won a 1st place finish in my catagory for the funds collected. Sure made the big boys sqirm a bit. I have no question that the others have VERY nice cars but it sure felt good to be on top for once.

Dave

·
Registered
10,204 Posts
Think of car shows in different terms.
No matter what the "people" or "judges" give you, you are DRIVING the prize home.

Feel better now?

·
Registered
384 Posts
You are right, the sixes don't get the attention they should. They are the last bastion of original unrestored. Two of my old neighbors each had a six. One had a light blue convert and the other had a coupe in meadowlark yellow. Both were basically original and extremely nice. The coupe looked almost showroom, and it was a driver. All he did was reshoot the original color. I didn't think he need to do that.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Your car looks sweet Dave. I'd be drooling over it at the car show. Even if it was parked next to a Shelby.

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
You're right. People like to see the V8 with all it's chrome & goodies. The little six is a very good motor. They just don't understand.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Wow, two birds with one stone! Top of the category, and helping the kids out at the same time...Now that IS classy! :: Your car gets my vote any day!!

·
Registered
141 Posts
NOW WE KNOW HOW YOU DID IT!!! WARCH YOUR BACK!! i MEAN REARVIEW MIRROR!! WE'RE CLOSING IN!! HA! HA!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts