1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
35,879 Posts
That's not a reverb kit. It looks like the stereo speaker kit that should be sold with the 8-Track player he's also selling.

Reverbs were really cool, though. Typically they used a conventional front speaker, and a single rear speaker with an electronic delay on the sound, to give a concert hall effect. Often they included a control to adjust the amount of delay. Just when they were starting to be seen, though, stereo became a national craze, and by 1966 you could get a stereo 8-Track AM/FM radio in the Mustang.

Here's the speakers he's selling:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Reverbs also had a single 6x9 speaker because they were not stereo. Stereo killed reverb.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Funny you should say that, it's more or less true. I say that because the factory stereo in my 97 has reverb. (that's what the "DSP" button is)
I know what your saying. They also still use reverbs on eletric gutars. I was indeed refering to putting a special box on a mono radio to make it sound better.

Personally I think they are cool as all get out. I happen to have 3 Ford systems.

·
Registered
35,879 Posts
I know what your saying. They also still use reverbs on eletric gutars. I was indeed refering to putting a special box on a mono radio to make it sound better.

Personally I think they are cool as all get out. I happen to have 3 Ford systems.
Impressive. That equals the total number of working reverbs I have seen in Ford cars. And I'm old enough to have seen them new.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Count me in for having another working one. Dad put it in his '66 coupe in 1968. I pulled it out and it's sitting on a shelf. Original wiring, switch, and speaker intact.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts