Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, this is really starting to make me angry :(. I believe my car is wired for these things, because I've got them already, but the thing is...theres only 2 wires coming from my reverse lights that are already on the car...but there are 3 coming from the new ones. Two of them are joined together in a harness thing, the other one is a single wire that looks like it needs to be inserted into something. Anyone know what I need to do?

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Some have dual filament bulbs. Check to see if yours have two filaments (dual base socket). That explains the two wires. They'll wire together. The other is the ground wire. This should connect to the backshell.

The ground wire comes into the trunk area where it fastens to one of the tail lamp bezel studs. The other two are fed by black-red tracer wire.

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts
One of the wires in the rear harness is for the license plate light (should be protruding from the harness near the gas filler neck). Only the wires coming from the harness close to the taillights should be connected to the reverse lights. There may also be another wire closer to the DS wheel well, that plugs into the wire feeding the dome light and/or rear side pannel lights.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts