Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can the reverse light mechanism ( the springs and contacts) be rebuilt?. I am trying to save the original Ford housings, but the springs are corroded and shot and stuck down, so no pressure is placed on the bulb. Also, if this can be done how is the socket removed from the housing and reinstalled? car is 1969 Fastback

Thanks

·
Registered
839 Posts
Can the reverse light mechanism ( the springs and contacts) be rebuilt?. I am trying to save the original Ford housings, but the springs are corroded and shot and stuck down, so no pressure is placed on the bulb. Also, if this can be done how is the socket removed from the housing and reinstalled? car is 1969 Fastback

Thanks
look over here in the library section. Login

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am new to this forum and format, the link it taking me to Concurs Mustang Forum, and I have not received approval for that forum. Was that the intent?

·
Registered
34,509 Posts
Well, you really have a concours question.

The real trick with what you propose is installing a socket with correct wiring harness. The socket is crimped into place, complicating the job. Perhaps stripping the electrical portion of a reproduction lamp, and installing it in your OE housing would do the job

1 - 6 of 6 Posts