Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody done a reverse manual valve body in their C4 or C6?
I've heard vague rumors that it is a pretty easy modification, but no hard details and have not actually heard of anyone who has one in their Mustang.
How do you like it compared to a 4 speed? What kind of shifter do you use?(Ratchet?)

·
Registered
793 Posts
Anybody done a reverse manual valve body in their C4 or C6?
I've heard vague rumors that it is a pretty easy modification, but no hard details and have not actually heard of anyone who has one in their Mustang.
How do you like it compared to a 4 speed? What kind of shifter do you use?(Ratchet?)
I did this many years ago, when I still had the C4 in my car. Did both the reverse pattern valve body and servo kit on it. I used a B&M quicksilver ratchet shifter.

Replacing the valvebody is pretty easy. Nothing special. Drop pan, pull old valvebody, replace it with new reverse pattern valve body. Refill with trans fluid. Done

I eventually changed over to a T5. I prefer a manual trans. If I did more drag racing, I would have kept it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,017 Posts
I had a C4 built for me many years ago by a race shop in California with a reverse manual valve body and the whole rest of the kitchen was crammed inside that thing. It still runs without a blip. It was rated for 700 hp back then which I don't plan to see but who knows. I opted for the non-transbrake version because I drag raced in a no-E/no transbrake racing class.

If you are contemplating a reverse manual valve body there is a host of other things that really should go along with that for that level of a C4 build but it depends how much horsepower and torque you are planning. There is an up to 300 hp level of build, an up to 500 hp level of build, up to 700 or 800, up to 1000 and not sure what you do after that. Probably something else. I run a B & M pro ratchet reverse manual shifter. It is not a problem at all driving it on the street with a manual valve body. The converter was also custom built for my rig.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts