Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
As most people are right handed,it makes it harder to give a 1 finger salute out the window.

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
omg..... thats... horrible, yet i dont know why /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
What's right and what's wrong? We drive on the Right side, you'all drive on the wrong side............ hehe.

Also, since we're in the oppisite hemisphere if we all drove on the same side of the road the world would stop due to inertia cancellation......... *G*

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
to follow along with the most people are right handed thing... it makes it easier to drive stick /forums/images/icons/smile.gif i think i would have to learn it all over again if i was to shift left handed... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

i think the real reason is that henry ford decided the model T was gona be LHD for some reason, probably cheeper or he wouldnt have done it. it is my understanding that most cars in america before the T were RHD, but afterwards everyone just followed in fords footsteps...

- Jason

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Wouldn't it be easier to just drive in reverse while looking in the mirror? /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
And some of us worry about cutting the dash to mount a radio. Are you saving the original parts in case you want to convert it back?

G

·
I was kinda trying to fig out how you guys do when ordering fast food from a
drive up window,never mind i guess when you switch over the dash an stuff you guys turn the roads
around also[he,he]
I cant walk an chew gum at the same time,let alone shift w/my left hand and work the clutch
w/right foot.
Dave

·
Moderatly Old Fart
4,428 Posts
Its because of the Brits and thier sword fighting. If you drive on the left it is easier to pull your sword out of the scabbord with you right hand. Then you can kill someone who is coming from the opposite direction.

Yanks of course can't do anything right. Hence we drive on the wrong side of the road.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Nuts, you guys are on the wrong side of the earth; it's no wonder everything there is totally screwed up and backwards. A rider mounts a horse from it's left side; a driver enters a car from it's left side; the captain of an airliner flys from the left seat. When you all mount a horse I just hope it isn't from the south side.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I did hear it had something to do with the Poms . Seeing you had to fight to get independence (seems to be something yanks like )from the Poms, you decide to drive on the opposite side just to be different . Or so I read somewhere !

Don't forget wagons had to drive on one side of the road so driving the left started before cars .

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
First off, mine is LHD and is staying that way.

BUT......until you've done 60 on a winding narrow Irish backroad not being able to see the middle of the road with huge trucks rushing past you - only THEN will you understand why some people do RHD conversion /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

But for me, RHD conversions are horrible.

Gary

1 - 13 of 13 Posts