Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a TRUE FRONT PAGE headline in today's Riverton Ranger newspaper:

A Riverton man's dinner was stolen Sunday afternoon, while he was cooking it.

The man was grilling steaks, around 3:30PM, on the porch of his apartment located in the 800 block of MaryAnne Drive. (About 4 blocks from where I live.)

He left the steaks unattended to retrieve an item from his kitchen, came back to the porch, lifted the lid of the grill and his steaks were gone.

"Were missing two ribeye steaks, rare or medium rare, I don't know," said Lt. Keven M. Lee of the Riverton Police Department.

"We interviewed neighbors, but no one had steak sauce on their breath", Lee said.

The steaks are valued at $15.

This is a true article, believe it or not....

G

·
0 Posts
Well, as a resident of a large California metropolis, I am shocked, literally shocked that such a thing could happen in a pastoral place like Wyoming.

I guess there is no refuge from evil.

·
Premium Member
19,169 Posts
Now that's one smart dog, who can open the grill lid and close it again!

My dogs aren't quite that well trained, but they wait until it is on the dinner table, then snatch off anything put there if we turn our backs.

G

·
0 Posts
My dogs aren't quite that well trained, but they wait until it is on the dinner table, then snatch off anything put there if we turn our backs.

What kind of dogs are they? We've got a gaggle of Miniature Pinschers, and they're pretty damn smart when it comes to food. Dumb as a bag of hammers in all other circumstances, though. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

·
Registered
518 Posts
OK, fess up Dan. You just needed the steaks to go with the corn you brought home from Iowa. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif How can you live in such a crime infested place? I'll bet $15 is considered grand larceny there.

Good to hear you had such a good time at the CFII and got home ok. Now the fun is over. Get back to work on that car! Oops, sorry. That's not considered "work" is it?

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
4 blocks sounds about right. Far enough away to smell the steak, close enough to rush it home still hot and yet still outside the search area.

Job well done! except next time you shouldn't post on the VMF without enough steak to buy off all of our silence.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Burp!/forums/images/icons/smile.gif Burp!/forums/images/icons/smile.gif Nothing like a good Sunday BBQ. Got beer anyone? Its a long four blocks back to my house, hehe...

G

·
0 Posts
I thought Wyoming was like Nebraska where there is steak walking around on every street corner.

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
/forums/images/icons/smile.gif This may seem like BS, but it's not....

Growing up I lived 2 houses away from my godfather. One weekend night we were taking the dog for a walk, and afterwards planned to have hamburgers for dinner. As we walked by my godfather's house we could see and smell some beautiful steaks on the barbecue......My Dad hightailed it home, returned with our tray of hamburgers, slipped into the backyard, and made the switch. We retreated home with pilferred USDA Prime, and a greatly disappointed dog (her walk greatly shortened).

Called down there a few minutes later to hear my godfather in full rant about the SOB who took his steaks - leaving him with lousy hamburgers! Dad gravely sympathized, and invited him to bring the burgers down to our house and share OUR steaks.....That's when he caught on !!! We still tease him about that...../forums/images/icons/wink.gif Dickson

1 - 12 of 12 Posts