Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is it I don't have my camera when I need it? today, I saw a real head turner. It was a mid 80s Camaro with the following 'aftermarket' upgrades

1. Rear wing, consiting of a wing off of some kind of Celica or something (it had acenter mount brake light). This was affixed approx. 2 feet above the rear trunk with galvanized right angle pre-drilled bars, the kind you use to hang your garage door opener. Tastefully mount to each end were a pair of hand cut flat metal pieces that somewhat looked like World of Outlaw wanna be end pieces.

2. A direct from the 70s Pro Stock style hood scoop. This is the short, boxy scoop that was popular in the late 70s. Screwed into place.

3. A set of the really nasty blue anodized rims you buy at Sears or someplace.

4. the paint was a pale blue, apparently shot with a Wagner power painter. (the scoop apparently hadn't been acquired yet as it was still primer gray).

At this point, many, many politically incorrect images of the owner came to mind, when, after noticing that I was only one of two people in the store, the guy turns out to be in his mid 30s, overweight with a pony tail. This guy puts Joe dirt to shame!

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :D :D :: :: :: ::

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Bahahahaha, too funny!
I was thinking, if someone had done that to a Mustang, would it be called a Rice-a-Pony?

·
Administrator
19,494 Posts
Cool.............not. ::

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Too funny!!! ::

Your description was as good as any picture!!! :: :: ::

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
the scoop apparently hadn't been acquired yet as it was still primer gray
I was waiting for the mention of primer. I wonder though why you didn't mention the Playboy rabbit decal. Don't tell me there wasn't one, because I know better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts