Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ride height question

I love the way my 68 fastback sits right now, but I want to replace the entire suspension this winter. To firm up the ride a bit and replace well-worn parts. Currently “Lucy” sits 12.5 inches from the center of the rear hub directly up to the edge of the fender. Can anyone compare this to his or her 67-68 fastback?? Is this the stock ride height or 1” drop?

-Dan

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
I don't have any measurements, but from the picture, your car sits exactly where Lottie's wheel well does on her rear tires, and I restored the suspension to "stock specs" last year.

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
What do you have in the front? I have the 4.5 leaf mid-eyes on the back of my '66 with the front lowered 1". The stance is just about perfect, although, I wouldn't have minded if the back was up just about another 1/2". On my sportrsoof, I'll probably go with 5 leaf standard eyes, to insure the 275/50's I have in back don't rub.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
You shouldn't have any problem running those tires on the sportsroof, depending on the backspacing. I had the exact rim and tires that are currently on my fastback on my '69 Mach 1 way back when. And I don't recall ever having any tire rub. But refer to the post I replied to you about my memory!! :p

·
Registered
916 Posts
...with the front lowered 1...
Do you mean with the 620 coil springs and/or shelby drop?
Your '66 has the exact stance I would like to have.

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
With springs. I didn't do the shelby drop on my '66.

Front springs are the 620# 1" dropped springs with the thin poly insulator from Sacramento Mustang, and the rear leaf springs were purchased from Mustangs Plus. Who you buy from seems to make a huge difference in how the car sits in the end.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts