Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to gain a couple of inches on the back on a 68 fastback. I put on some extended spring shackles for now, but I can't live with them sticking out from under the rear valance, I hav'nt had a set of air shocks in 30 years, any ideas?

·
Registered
890 Posts
I replaced my 40 year old leaf springs this summer, and it made about a 6 inch difference in the height of my rear. Throw those friggin extension shackles away and do it right. Some KYB gas shocks are in order too. :: I took signature picture in July after I replaced the leaf springs. Here is another pic(first one) before I replaced the leaf springs. http://pic10.picturetrail.com/VOL326/811984/1911036/22781947.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,825 Posts
I totally agree, do it right and replace the old sagging leaf springs as opposed to using shackels as "fix."

·
Registered
303 Posts
Is there a preference on manufacturer of leaf springs? I am in the progress of redoing my front suspension and the rear is next. So I'd like to get some input on what to get. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Amen! DO IT!
I replaced my very tired and droopy leafs with 1" drop units and it actually RAISED my rear end! They're a must!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts