Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time on a road cource and it was real fun. I ran this courrse with the Northwest Mustang club.It is a lot harder on the course then you think from watching. My car did ok, but I thought it would handle better then it did. I would like to keep updating my suspinsion, but want to maintain a smooth street ride. What should I do next?

G

·
0 Posts
Next try drag racing. Running the 1/4 mile helps you tune your car to be the thorobred it was built to be. There's probably a dragstrip near you. Like tomorrow at Thompson Drag Raceway (Ohio), they're having their Rock and Roll Street Machine Test and Tune. You can run time trials all day for 20 bucks. Are you using a stock anti-roll bar in front?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
The course does wear on you..but think of the poor guy that stuffed his 68 GT 500 into the wall!!! That REALLY sucked!1 I feel so bad for him, it will be a long time before that is back on the road.....
blkstlln

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also feel really bad for the guy who buried his GT 500 into the wall. You don't see guys who race cars on the edge of crying very often. The way those frame rails were bent at a 90 angle at the control arms, I wonder if it can be fixed to drive right.

Your black fastback was a race favorite of mine, very nice. I am sure you could talk volumes on spending to much on a car!

·
Premium Member
2,636 Posts
Just looked at your web site.

Holy crap! I think that was your car that whipped past me right after we pulled out of the school in Stanwood. I was waiting to take a right back on to the highway and you came ripping by to take a left toward the gas station. The car sounded great! 66coupeNW was in my car and MarkMach1 was in the car behind us. We were talking back and forth on the radios about how good the car sounded. Wish we would have met you.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
LOL I normally dont drive like that!! Well most of the time! I just got back from Bellevue..lots of cars there..Nice black 65 convert with a blower...Hmmmmm
I will be there tomorrow all day as I have a Saleen there, also..

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You guys should have seen it haul ass at the track.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts