Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone going to any of MNW's events for Roundup this year? I'm only doing the Ride N Drive...would be kinda cool to have a meet up at Pacific Raceways though ($5 to spectate). :)

·
Registered
861 Posts
Trying! Just bled the brakes last night and one caliper bleeder valve is slightly leaking at the threads. Pedal is hard and brakes work well. Have to figure out if this is a big deal and what the fix would be.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Am really thinking about it. But have never been to car show with my car being on display. All shows I've been have crazy nice cars and I've always felt that I would need to be up to that level to sit next to the big boys. My car is nice but its a driver not a show car. There are many incorrect features to it also. Was thinking about going the Sunday for peoples choice.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Doug, I wouldn't stress too much about it. They do have a fixer-upper class if you want to put yours in there?

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Trying! Just bled the brakes last night and one caliper bleeder valve is slightly leaking at the threads. Pedal is hard and brakes work well. Have to figure out if this is a big deal and what the fix would be.
Arg always something isn't it. :-(

Hopefully I'll see ya there!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Thanks sparky. What is fixer upper class? Just anything in work or needing restored. Do they have a section to just park and meet people?
Yup just anything needing work or in mid restoration/driving restoration. It doesnt matter how nice your car is though just enter it in the show and park it. You would be amazed at how many people are drawn to cars that are rough or currently being worked on, they always seem to have a great story.

I probably wont make the drive on friday but will be around on Sunday!

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yup just anything needing work or in mid restoration/driving restoration. It doesnt matter how nice your car is though just enter it in the show and park it. You would be amazed at how many people are drawn to cars that are rough or currently being worked on, they always seem to have a great story.

I probably wont make the drive on friday but will be around on Sunday!
Exactly. It's the same cost ($20) whether you spectate or enter the show, so why not just enter the show? :)

I have a concert the night of People's Choice (Rush), so I'm only doing the track day. Have you guys thought about entering the Props and Ponies show in Burlington 8/8? There's still spots left for classics. My fav show of the year by far!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Exactly. It's the same cost ($20) whether you spectate or enter the show, so why not just enter the show? :)

I have a concert the night of People's Choice (Rush), so I'm only doing the track day. Have you guys thought about entering the Props and Ponies show in Burlington 8/8? There's still spots left for classics. My fav show of the year by far!
I think our car show is the same weekend as that one otherwise I would be there.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Car is ready, now I have to motivate myself to sign-up and go. Donna says I have through the weekend to decide. Just have too many irons in the fire this summer and not enough time.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Signed-up and ready to go. I know Sparky, but others I would not know on sight. Should the VMF group try to park together?

·
Registered
861 Posts
I spoke with Ken "Stroked66" Holden. He will be coming with his black (coupe) track car on a trailer. Sparky66 has truck and trailer. Once again it would be fun to park together.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'll be there Sunday don't know how parking works I guess I'll be told when I get there? Or do we just pick a spot? I'm sure all classics will be close together. I'll keep an eye out when I get there. Do they serve beer?

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I'll be there Sunday don't know how parking works I guess I'll be told when I get there? Or do we just pick a spot? I'm sure all classics will be close together. I'll keep an eye out when I get there. Do they serve beer?
They're talking about the track day on Thursday. Sunday the volunteers will direct you where to park--you'll be in a section or lot with cars of the same year. No beer ;)

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well we have to go to the drivers meeting Wednesday night, so more info may be had then. My truck is a blue & white '97 F250 HD, trailer is a gray Haulmark. "Sparky" "Xhex" and "Ginger" are above the ramp. You can park wherever you want AFAIK.

I'll be taking it easy due to a bad shoulder and having issues getting track insurance. :-/

·
Registered
861 Posts
Track Insurance? I figured any damage was an out-of-pocket expense.

·
Registered
944 Posts
I'll be going on Sunday. This will be my first time since high school entering a car at the roundup. Been almost every year since as a spectator. I'll be one of many red '66 coupes!

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Track Insurance? I figured any damage was an out-of-pocket expense.
Usually it is - but track insurance fills in the gap. It starts when your regular insurance stops (at the track gate) and covers you for any damage on your car while there. It's not cheap, but I can't afford to replace my car should someone take me out or something break and I hit the wall. Pacific is not a forgiving type of track either.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts