Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok last night we cut 1/2 coil out of the 1" lowering springs from Mustangs Unlimited. It made significant improvement in the way the car handles and looks. Right now I would say that it is about level from front to rear. However the back still looks like its too low for my taste. How can I raise the rear of the car without going to the drag racer rails that ruin your springs and mess up your handling? I think it needs to come up about 1/2 to 1 inch. Any suggestions are would be appreciated. BTW I am running 4 1/2 standard eye springs.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes they are brand new from a local mustang shop. Even had them change from the mideyes to standard because the mid's were wayyyyyy to low. I have seen in some of the mustang catalogs shackles that would extend it 1" only and not like the rail ones. These were I believe in the NPD catalog. Is anyone using those?

·
Supporting Vendor
3,961 Posts
You can take them apart and add one of the leafs from your
old set of springs. I re-build rear leafs a lot. I can change the
stance of any car by as little as 1/4" if I want. It does take time,
but the end result is way worth it.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I agree with opentracker.

I had one leaf from each of my old springs added to each of my new springs. It lifted the rear slightly, and made the stock replacement springs stiffer.

Any spring shop can do this for a very small amount of cash. Just tell them how high the backend is now, and how high you want it. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts