Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in the web site of Right stuff detailing , I was impressed.

My question is who has used there stuff ? what are your thoughts. My area of interest is brake, transmisson , gas lines

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
I've used them twice, 6-7 years ago for rear brake lines for my Mach 1, sent me the wrong lines twice....they did finally get it right. I decided to give them another chance and just recently bought a complete brake line kit for my 65 fastback, they told me they had the "perfect" kit. Half the lines fit perfect, the others were terrible. I talked to their customer service and they told me they have sold hundreds of these kits with no complaints. I sent them pictures of the lines and how they should be routed, it wasn't even close. They told me to bend them to fit, which I did. One of the other lines was 6 inches too long, I tried to make it work and ended up breaking it, I sent it to them in the proper configuration and they made me a new line, but it looks like it was bent by hand....not impressed with them and wouldn't order again.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats the great thing about these car forums , we get to get real life experience feed back about things. I like many are tired of trail and error , I want the right product and no excuses or I go else where.
Hope there are others who can weight in on this.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I'm planning on buying their brake kits for our 72 Challenger next month. Lots of positive feedback on these on the Mopar forums. No plans to buy their Mustang products though (yet).

·
Registered
934 Posts
I purchased a complete set of lines from the Right Stuff years ago for my old 67 GT500. They fit good as far as the bends being correct, but I had leaks at several of the flare nut fittings. I could not get them to seal no matter how hard I tried and had to cut them off and make new flares myself. They were stainless steel lines if it makes a difference.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I was afraid to get stainless lines because they are a harder material making things tougher to seal up.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
I bought the Classic tube stainless set of brake lines. They look very good, hope I dont have issues with leaks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts