Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone reproducing the 70-73 rim blow horn switch? I see a few NOS ones every now and then on the auction site but they are proud of them.
This day was just about as bad for me as any I have had in a while.
1-Master cylinder leaking and I like to never got the rod off off the pedal.Had to drop the steering column to reach the clip.
2-While groping around under the dash I unplugged the harness from the instrument panel so I had to pull the dash pad to hook it back up.(after I had already taken it off once to try and get to the master cylinder rod clip)
3-Got the brakes working and I am in the middle of town the rim blow switch sticks shut and horn cuts loose had to drive a block to find a place to pull over to jerk the wires off the horns.
Oh well we are headed to the beach for 5 days tomorrow. With my luck recently it will rain all 5 days.

·
Registered
893 Posts
NPD has them in their new catalog and I think Mustangs Unlimited too.Around $150.00 HTH,

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Contact [email protected] . He restores rim blow wheels and I saw he had an ad for them around $135. He also goes by Z76232 here on VMF.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Check with Leon Grice at www.FordRamAir.com. He did the repro '69 switch and now one for the '70-73. I purchased one from his E*ay auction for $135.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
actually, the TRUE source for the recently repopped rimblow horn switches is from the folks "down under", the same folks that have all the fiberglass shaker setups. If yur interested, PM me for the website as I don't have it available right now....

randy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts