Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sent my rimblow wheel from the Mach 1 to Dave Prine to have him restore it. He does topnotch work, guys. My wheel looks brand new. Dave is a great guy to work with, too. He returned all of my e-mails and made sure that everything was understood before he started the work. I highly reccomend him if you need you wheel restored. Check out his web site at The Rimblow Buddy

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have always heard that he does great work. But have always wanted to ask "just what DOES it cost to have a steering wheel done?"

Thanks
Randy

·
Registered
512 Posts
Inquiring minds want to know. How much? I have 2 or 3 70 mach 1 wheels that should be restored, but not sure if it's worth the cost.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
I just spent a little over $350 to have my wheel redone, a new switch installed and to refurbish the center pad as well. This also included shipping. It was a nice job.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I have to agree with your comments about Dave. He did a great job on my wheel and answered all my emails in a prompt and professional manner. I highly recommend him.

Mordi

·
Registered
277 Posts
Hi Guys
I want to thank all of you for the kind words and all that have helped me feed my family over the years.
For those that are wondering what is the price to restore a wheel, price ranges from $200-250 depending on the damage to the wheel. No cracks($200) cracks on back only($225) and cranks through the woodgrain($250). Really a pain when you go through the front. A lot of work making it so you don't see the repair. A switch runs $150 installed(Free to VMF members). Then you have pad redye and insert detail work. Ranges $25-$75 depending on if it's a 69 or 70-73. Last you have return shipping of approx.$20, again free to VMF members, just let us know you saw us on the VMF.
We know we're not perfect but if at anytime you are not happy with our work we will sure make it right. At The Rimblow Buddy we still believe in the old saying "The Customer is Always Right"
Thanks again
The Rimblow Buddy(and yours)
Dave Prine
www.therimblowbuddy.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts