Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone knew of a place where I could get the chrome trim that goes around a 69 rimblow steering wheel.(I believe I need an 1/8th inch wide piece) Online order or a local store that might carry it are both fine.

Thanks!

·
Registered
554 Posts
The best thing to use is chrome pin striping. You can get it in 1/8 inch width at any local auto parts store. Just make sure you clean up the channel where the old chrome trim is. In other words, remove the chrome tape that is left over and make sure the channel is smooth so the tape lays smooth.

There may be some other techniques, but that one worked well for me. Good luck.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip, I checked out your website and your rimblow looks great from the pics. Do you have finished pictures of your Stang posted?(or maybe its still being restored)

·
Registered
554 Posts
Thanks for the compliment. Unfortunately, my car is still being restored. It actually is beginning to look like a real car. Should be done by September. I'll be updating my site with some new pictures in about two weeks.

·
Registered
63 Posts
while reviewing my magazines for various reasons I came across an article in which they did a restoration of a 70 rimblow. I don't remember the exact issue but it was within the last 3 to 4 years of Mustang Monthly.
They used A chrome type duct tape which they cut to size. Personally I like the pinstripe tape idea much better.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi,

Last night I had mentioned an article on rimblow restoration. I have located the article, it is in the August 1999 issue of Mustang Monthly page 34. They used metal duct tape from the local hardware store and cut to fit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts