Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DAMN DAMN DAMN i need to install NEW FREEZE plugs the way it was explained to me is that it is nothing short of removing the engine or squeezing you hand under you car what type should i by the treaded ones frome ford or the brass ones and i have a bent original mag 500 witch sucks and one have one for sale?? /forums/images/icons/smile.gif ohh yah the PO was about 400 500 pounds and daily drove the car and one of the leafs is dead and i was thinking about the kit from the paddock is it good??

·
Registered
680 Posts
Your motor will not take screw in freeze plugs. Unless you have a Boss 302, ot something like that. Get yourself a set of brass freezeplugs. Be sure to use some kind of sealer around them before you install them. Don't get carried away with a hammer when you TAP then in. Just be sure they are setting straight.
Check the for sale pages here. Or place an ad on the Wanted-Parts page. Someone should have 1 wheel for sale....
Can't help with the springs, haven't bought mine yet...

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
You can use the brass, pound in freeze plugs or your can use the "expanding" rubber freeze plugs. For California, I'd go with the brass. Yes, they are an EXTREME pain to put in while the engine is in the car (but not impossible!) /forums/images/icons/wink.gif
Good luck,
D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts