Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for ideas for new rims and tires for my '68 coupe. I have no expereince with this so have no idea how much they cost etc. Interested in any thoughts or ideas anyone may have.
Thanks,

·
Registered
Current cars include 1969 Mach 1 and 1970 Cougar XR7 convertible
8,636 Posts
Fairly open ended question. Obviously style is a matter of personal preference and to some extent is dictated by your intended use. In my estimation, new custom wheels will generally run from about $125.00 to $400.00 a piece with the majority being at the lower end of that spectrum. Intended use will likewise narrow the spectrum on tires. Generally, decent to very good tires can be had for between $75.00 and $200.00 each. Doing the math, plan on spending at least $800.00 and up. If you find a set of used wheels that suit your needs and fit your car, the wheel cost can be reduced. Do a search on this forum for "wheels". Similar questions have been asked and answered in the recent past with many people posting pictures of their wheels. Take a look at what's out there and see if something suits you. Don't forget to check out Nick's (Dodgestang) tire chart for fitment information on plus sizes. Lastly, what are you currently running?

·
Registered
886 Posts
Spend some time researching anything on the forum, and not only will you learn a lot- you'll see plenty of pics of people's cars in their signatures. That should give you an idea of some styles you may like. Also check out the photo gallery for more.

Visit Newstalgia Wheel and not only will you see styles and great prices, but they also have a feature called the upgrade garage that lets you choose your year of car and see what it would look like with different wheels.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Check out Summit Racing. They have a web site and are in Talmage, Ohio. The sell American Racing rims if you are on a budget. If you have a little money. CJ Ponys Parts and NPD have nice selections too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts