Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to leave this morning to go to Central Illinois, to visit with family..Can't drive the Mustang, got to drive the old Ranger. That 460 just to hot inside for a trip in August. (The air Conditioner works good in the Ranger)
I would love to meet any Vmf's in the central Illinois area...
I will be staying in Neoga (Effingham Area). Phone number is: 1-217-895-2447.....
Give me a call, and I will arange to meet you.....
Had to get mom to get internet connection hooked up on her computer...Couldn't go very long without VMF....
Steve Bales (Fordnut on VMF)

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Steve,

Welcome to Illinois! I live right in the middle of the state, Manito. I work in Peoria. I'm still 2 1/2 hours from Effingham. Sean (67 Mustang) lives in Decatur, a lot closer to Effingham.

I just looked on Hurtle's site and these are the locals 75 miles away or less.

radrider FARINA IL 21.83
67_Mustang DECATUR IL 54.78
DaveBoys CLARKSBURG IL 23.51
boss351 NORTH TERRE HAUT IN 71.24
73429MACH POCAHONTAS IL 56.80

I removed bisher, he's in Pensacola, FL now.

Wish you were closer, I'd buy the first round! Take care Steve, and have fun in IL. There's a bar on the east side of I57 in Effingham, they used to serve ice cold mugs of beer for a quarter, but that was in '85. Many road trips from SIU to EIU and U of I. EIU was loaded with women! But that's another story....

·
Registered
566 Posts
Steve,
Lets get together. I can show you some of my toys we talked about.

Dave

call me when you get in
217 774 3512.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Steve Bales from Neoga, Illinois?? Piley? You related to Jerry Bales? Know any of the Claybaughs by any chance? This is wild!

·
I won a special award
7,457 Posts
You guys are aware he probably made that trip a long time ago, right? That thread is over 11 years old. And the OP hasn't been on the forum since 2006.

·
Registered
510 Posts
road trip back in time.:pirate:

·
Premium Member
3,959 Posts
Had me wondering when he started talking about needing AC---then looked at the first post date. Need to start doing that more often--:bitch:

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
This thread has gotten more replies now than it did then...that is funny.

·
Registered
247 Posts
sorry guys. Im laughing at myself. I didnt realize how old this was. by now some of you may be in a nursing home..lol If they let you out for a weekend drive, head my way. Im always trying to get some guys to help me finish my project.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts