Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my cars not realy like kit from night rider but shes guzzling oil very very quick almost 250 miles i have to give her a quart or two and its very dirty oil thats left behind i took a vaccum reading at it was 23hg in and idleing smooth at 800rpm.anyone have an idea whats wrong and i want to install a cluch for my stock fan what would i need and how much should i pay + will i get higher temps with a cluch fan

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
CHeck your PCV Valve. Do you have stock valve covers or aftermarket ones. Most of the after market ones do not have good baffles in them. You may have to get a cap for your valve cover that has the pcv hole in the top if this is the case. I had that on the way to DES MOINS for CF2. The Baffles on my covers are to close to the pcv valve and was sucking oil at the rate of 1 quart per 100 miles.

·
Premium Member
11,700 Posts
<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

The Baffles on my covers are to close to the pcv valve and was sucking oil at the rate of 1 quart per 100 miles.

<hr></blockquote>Is that what all that smoke is in your sig pic? /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
You were not suppose to notice that Kent!!!!
You let my secret out!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts